If you happen to be more interested in a short and precise about page, you might want to head over to about.gorilla.moe.
People often ask me what I’m doing now.
Each time I would type out a reply, describing where I’m at, what I’m focused on, and what I’m not.
So earlier this year I added a /now page to my site: gorilla.moe/now
A simple link. Easy to remember. Easy to type.
It’s a nice reminder for myself, when I’m feeling unfocused. A public declaration of priorities.
(If I’m doing something that’s not on my list, is it something I want to add, or something I want to stop?)
It helps me say no, too. When I decline invitations, I point them to that page to let them know it’s not personal.
I'm working with t-online.de (100% remotely), building a custom Video-Management-System 🎥 for them, which consists of:
- FTP-Server for content-providers to upload videos and meta-data as XML or JSON
- Multiple transformers (XML and JSON parsers)
- Multiple file-watchers and event-listeners
- S3 as a layer between FTP <-> Video Management UI <-> CDN
- Multiple Video-Transcoders (Docker containers / pods running on multiple Kubernetes nodes)
- A RESTful API, for controlling the Video-Transcoders
- A highly customized UI for managing the incoming and uploading own videos and meta-data
This, so far, has really been a fun 🥳 ride 🐎, but it's also really time-consuming ⏳ and exhausting 😴. I work crazy hours per week (16 hour work-days, with min 6 days per week so far) to put everything together 🔧 and keep up with what I promised 🤞.
I'm also implementing a VAST4.1 compliant HTML5/JS SDK for their custom videoplayer.
So, there's not much room for anything else at the moment.
I'm revisiting Markus Heitz - Die Zerge which is absolutely fabulous and one of my all-time favourite Books/Audiobooks! In fact, I really love all the books in the series Die Zwerge by Markus Heitz from the bottom of my heart ❤ !
Simon Sinek - Leaders Eat Last, really good; like everything from Simon Sinek. I'm three quarts through, but quite busy with work right now.